Old October 2nd 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default Solder to Aluminum?

wrote in message
Ed Light wrote:
Hi, Antenna Guys.

My FM antenna had the wire attachment posts ripped out by the wind. I'm
wondering if I can solder to the aluminum? Then I'd epoxy over it. I'd
just
try it, but I'm afraid it might pop in my face or something.

Ordinary solder, no, but there are solders specifically made for
aluminum.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Actually regualr old 40/60 solid core works fine . the trick is the flux.
Use 10w motor oil. Over the years Ive won more than a few after work beers
from guys around here by soldering a copper wire to a pop top ring.