Old October 1st 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Mark is offline

Default (OT) : Oh No - I Paid Too Much ! - Tale$ from "The eBay" and Beyond . . .

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:29:48 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

30 bids now with a half hour to go. It looks as though the high bidder put in another bid to cement his
position.

Heh, and there was an R8B that popped up on Ebay a few days ago with a
"buy it now" price of $1250. I thought that was insane then...I guess
I could have picked that up and then 'flipped' it for a nice profit to
one of these bozos bidding it up.

The thing that amazes me is that there's not one, not two, but THREE
people who have placed bids of over $1500 for this thing. 45 minutes
to go and holding steady at $2025 - look out for last-minute snipers!

And to think I snagged an R-5000 there recently in the $300 range. The
R8B is a good radio, but there's no way it's 6 or 7 times as good. ;-)

Mark