Old October 2nd 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Is a contact with a no-code ham a real QSO?

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in news
How does one say mayday on CW? My radio only works on the bottom 25
KHz of the HF bands.
then you are a porrly equiped ham and should turn your license in for
the good of the ars
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/
I am fairly well equipped: IC-756 Pro III, IC-746, AL-80B amplifier,
ANC-4 noise
canceller, MFJ 1025 Signal enhancer, TS-570D, AMP SUPPLY LK-450
Amplifier, G-707
[2 & 440], plus computer ... and these are the things on my operating
table.

IC-706 MKIIg & AH-4 in the mobile. Plus 2 HTs.
then you are a lying in claiming your radio only work on the bottom 25
khz

WOW Mark,

And you're not even a Real ham.

There is this pithy little thing I found in the ARRL Handbook:

The Amateur's Code
------------------

The Radio Amateur is

CONSIDERATE...never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen
the pleasure of others.

LOYAL.........offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs,
local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through
which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented
nationally and internationally.

PROGRESSIVE...with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and
efficient station and operation above reproach.

FRIENDLY......slow and patient operating when requested; friendly advice
and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation
and consideration for the interests of others.
These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.

BALANCED......radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed
to family, job, school or community.

PATRIOTIC.....station and skill always ready for service to country and community.

--The original Amateur's Code was written by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA, in 1928.

Kind of old, and flavored a lot like the US was during the time, but
never-the-less, it has some important lessons in behavior and compassion
that seem to be lacking in your vision for the hobby.

-Chuck Harris