Old October 2nd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Antenna question

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:35:05 GMT, m II wrote:

David wrote:

The rule is Low Z can feed High Z, but High cannot feed LOW. Think of
pipes. Low Z = Narrow Pipe; High Z = Fat Pipe. Water can flow from
narrow pipe to fat pipe but not vice versa.

David, I have to disagree here. A narrow pipe has a greater impedance to
flow than a fat one. Water can flow from either pipe to the other with
no difficulty but will change velocity. The rate of flow will stay the
same, with the velocity change compensating for the change in cross
sectional area.

Electricity doesn't give us the option of variable flow speed, so
something else has to give. Generally it is a varied total volume of
electrons delivered per unit of time, pressure(V) remaining the same.

NB. No viscous or any other forms of friction or drag coefficients were
hurt in the composition of this article.

mike

You're overthinking it. I was just trying to help the little feller
remember the rule.