Old October 17th 03, 03:44 PM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
People who believe that SWR is affected by source impedance have either
rejected established theory, or don't have the background or interest to
read and understand what we consider to be very simple equations. So I'd
hardly expect them to be impressed by someone pointing out what the
equations and established theory say clearly and unambigously. You can't
fight Ouija boards with math.

The question remains: Does the localized exchange of energy between
reactances, as presented by Chipman and by you as a third power term,
cause a directional coupler error?

Source---w---(-j500)---x---(+j500)---y---50 ohm load
| |

Given the phasor addition that happens in a directional coupler,
does it handle all cases of voltage and current properly? In the
above example, the measured SWR is 1:1 at 'w' and 'y' but not
at 'x'.

I remember someone saying that an SWR meter reading is correct only
when the SWR is 1:1.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP