Old October 3rd 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Seeing-I-dawg Seeing-I-dawg is offline

Default Wellbrook ALA1530+ Vs. ALA100?

Do you currently use a longwire or dipole or have the real estate for one?
Have you been considering the ALA1530+ instead?

I exchanged emails with Wellbrook about using the ALA100 with my current 70M
fullwave Horizontal loop.

About Horizontal loops
http://www.cebik.com/wire/hl.html
http://www.cebik.com/fdim/atl1.html
http://www.cebik.com/wire/horloop.html

About ALA100 http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/ALA100b.html

The ALA100 will allow me to use a coax feeder instead of the noise prone
450ohm ladder-line and dispense with the
antenna tuner/matchbox.

Per Wellbrook, "You may also find that a smaller vertical loop with ALA100
will give better directivity for MW plus very high gain at HF. The ALA100
will out perform the ALA1530+ , because the loop area is much larger."

So if you are considering a ALA1530+ and are currently occupying real estate
with a long-wire or dipole, you may consider joining the ends with the
ALA100 for a loop in either the horizontal or vertical plane.

Here's to the '06/'07 DXing season!
Post your logs and good luck.