Old October 4th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
David Thompson David  Thompson is offline

Default Hammond Power supply info needed

Thanks Scott. That sounds reasonable. I am going to try and find some info
before I take it all apart to draw a schematic. The power cable is bery
wimpy (two wire lamp cable) and the output is thru the center of a coax
connector. Wil change both before actually testing.
73 Dave K4JRB

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
David Thompson wrote:
I have a Hammond Power Supply built by Hammond of Canada (with a nice
transforner) and have tried both the Hammond site and the VE listed as
Historian with no replies.

Does anyone know where I can get info on the supply
(manual or at least a schematic)?

These wer built by Hammond in the 1970's and they still make transformers
but the actual power supplies.

As I recall these were simple linear power supplies. Transformer to
rectifier to capacitive filter, to regulator stage. Regulator stage was
a 2N3055 or something with a smaller transistor driving it. You should be
able to draw the whole thing out in ten minutes.
--scott