Old October 4th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bob Vaughan Bob Vaughan is offline

Default HT1000

In article ,
Harry wrote:
can any one give me info on programing this radio,i have the rib,and some
software HT1000/Release R03.03.00-RVN 4098H ..and im using a laptop with
win 98 an Think its a PI

You need to boot into DOS, and run RSS from there. You can probably
run from a DOS window when creating the configuration, but you have to
run from native DOS when reading/writing the radio.

I think the HT1000 (and other Jedi family radios) are fast enough that
processer speed is not a issue, but the older radios needded to be
programmed using a 486-33.. Faster machines would't work, as the radio
couldn't accept the data that fast. (the speed that the PC talks to
the radio is/was based on the processer speed of the PC, and not a
standard port speed. IIRC.. braindead, but that's /\/\ for you.)

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --