Old October 4th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default Drake R8B sell for $202599999 on ebay!!!

Brian Hill wrote:
"Brian Denley" wrote in message
. ..
Well you started the name calling.
As far as the term redneck is concerned, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

--
Brian Denley

The original meaning refers to poor working class white folk. I guess we
cant have any of those.

BH

The sun burnt farmer's necks are the meaning I'd grown up with. Up until
the time of Archie Bunker, of course...

A slang term, usually for a rural white southerner who is politically
conservative, racist, and a religious fundamentalist (see
fundamentalism). This term is generally considered offensive. It
originated in reference to agricultural workers, alluding to how the
back of a person's neck will be burned by the sun if he works long hours
in the fields.

http://www.answers.com/topic/redneck

mike