Old December 24th 03, 04:01 PM
Michael Brandt

Actually, they can be used both as an receive amplifier and
a transmittiing amplifier. To test which one you have you can
connect an HF transceiver's coaxial output jack using the proper
cable and connect it to the input jack of the amplifier. Then taking
another HF or VHF receiver or transceiver, connect its antenna jack
to the output side of the amplifier. Turn on both radios and then the
amplifier.
Set the amplifier for the band on which you want to test.
Tune both radios to the same frequency then key up the first rig connected
the input side of amp and tune amplifier for maximum smoke.
If the "S" meter on the receiving radio momentarily goes off-scale you know
that you have done it correctly.

Happy Holidays!

"Mohd Nazry Bin Mustapa" wrote in message
This is new to me. Does anybody can explain to me about this equipment. I
would like to know, this type of amplifier use for transmitting or
receiving. And how it works. It's only for H.F? or can it be use for VHF?

Thank for the explaination.