Old October 4th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Mike Andrews Mike Andrews is offline

Default SP-600 from hell:need knobs, handles

In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Brian Hill wrote:

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Brian,

I'm too chicken to hose down the SP-600. I've dealt with
too many radios that had open IF transformers due to corrosion.
I don't want to wash the mouse **** into those IF cans!
I'll do it the hard way. No pain no gain!

Sounds like a candiate for the dishwasher treatment. Believe it or not,
several of our members report running really cruddy radios through the
dishwasher with good results. You might do a Google Groups search to find
the relevant details re sealing up transformers, etc.

Bill

It may not fit in a dishwasher. I spray em down with Simple Green and let
sit for 1/2hr then rinse. Never had a problem. The military does it, did you
know that?

When did they change to Simple Green from duPont 409? We bought it by
the palletload.

--
ohnosecond. n:
The shortest possible instant of time, far shorter than the