Old October 4th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Plimmer John Plimmer is offline

Default 6000 khz at 1550 UTC

You are right Ace, I have been asked by DXer's in Europe to investigate this
frequency, but all I pick up is "Radio Habana Cuba"

BTW, re Diego Garcia AFN - I get 4319 regularly in the evenings, but daytime
reception of 12579 seems to have disappeared.
Have you any info on that?
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, POARDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"dxAce" wrote in message
Quite possibly Radio Habana, Cuba. Though EiBi shows them 1100-1500, today
they
carried on past 1500, though the audio dropped at 1502.

They are known to stay on later from time to time for whatever reason.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

weatherall wrote:

I have a faint signal (SIO 252) on 6000 khz starting at 1550 UTC. I
heard foreign language pop music. I'm not positive, but my guess for
the language is some dialect of Chinese.

According to EiBi, this could be Radio Guaiba or City Sounds. It went
silent at 1600 UTC, which makes me think it's City Sounds, or something
unlisted like SoH. If there was identification at the end of the
broadcast, I didn't understand it.