Old October 4th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Amateur Extras Can't be TOLD What to Do!

[Former thread was "Is the code requirement keeping
good people out of ham radio?"]

From: on Tues, Oct 3 2006 3:25 pm
wrote:

In other words, Len, you want to tell us what we should like and what
we should not like. What we should enjoy and what we should not enjoy.

You are in ERROR. I wasn't writing "other words." If I
wanted to write "other words," I would have written other
words.

My advocacy is to elimintate the code test for an FCC
amateur radio operators license.

Do you ENJOY taking code tests? Do you think others
"enjoy taking code tests?" No? Well why do you say
I "write in other words" when my advocacy is for NOT
doing something?

Why do YOU feel ALL should enjoy taking code tests?

Why do YOU think the FCC should keep on with code tests?
Or are you really telling all that only YOU can determine
what the FCC decides? Very strange, almost totalitarian.

Why do you wish to be "judge" on what I think, do, write?
Why do you wish to be "judge" on what OTHERS should think,
do, write? Are you a god? VERY totalitarian.

Do you consider yourself "above" all others that you can
tell OTHERS what to like, not like, enjoy, not enjoy?
Why is that?

What is wrong with live and let live?