Old October 4th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Amateur Extras Can't be TOLD What to Do!

[Former thread was "Is the code requirement keeping
good people out of ham radio?"]

From: on Tues, Oct 3 2006 3:25 pm
wrote:

In other words, Len, you want to tell us what we should like and what
we should not like. What we should enjoy and what we should not enjoy.

You are in ERROR. I wasn't writing "other words." If I
wanted to write "other words," I would have written other
words.

My advocacy is to elimintate the code test for an FCC
amateur radio operators license.

Have I "told you" what bands to operate on, which mode
to use, when to use them? NO.

You have already taken a 20 word-per-minute code test. You
have achieved the OLD amateur extra rank with status and
privilege (all lobbied for by older amateurs who are
morsemen). Why are YOU telling OTHERS what to do?

Eliminating the code test will NOT require any newcomer to
"do" anything. No one can "do" something that isn't there
to do.

What is wrong with live and let live?