Old October 5th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Amateur Extras Can't be TOLD What to Do!

[Former thread was "Is the code requirement keeping
good people out of ham radio?"]

From: on Tues, Oct 3 2006 3:25 pm
wrote:

In other words, Len, you want to tell us what we should like and what
we should not like. What we should enjoy and what we should not enjoy.

You are in ERROR. I wasn't writing "other words." If I
wanted to write "other words," I would have written other
words.

My advocacy is to elimintate the code test for an FCC
amateur radio operators license.

I have served my country in the US Army. You have NOT.
Yet you have often, sometimes repeatedly "told me what I
should have been doing, what my training was, what my
duties should have been ("fighting" far from where the
actual warfare was actively in progress which would have
meant I would have been court martialed for disobeying
orders I'd been given).

You have told me all sorts of things about the military
yet you were NOT trained by the military. You have NOT
served...but you say you "served in other ways." How?
By playing with your radios under a federal license in a
HOBBY activity? Do you think that airplane modelers
"serve their country" in aeronautical technology by
flying their R-C planes in parks?