Old October 5th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Amateur Extras Can't be TOLD What to Do!

wrote:
[Former thread was "Is the code requirement keeping
good people out of ham radio?"]

From: on Tues, Oct 3 2006 3:25 pm
wrote:

In other words, Len, you want to tell us what we should like and what
we should not like. What we should enjoy and what we should not enjoy.

You are in ERROR. I wasn't writing "other words." If I
wanted to write "other words," I would have written other
words.

You might well have been better off to have chosen other words.

My advocacy is to elimintate the code test for an FCC
amateur radio operators license.

Your recent posts make lie of your statement. So does your spelling of
eliminate.

I have served my country in the US Army. You have NOT.

....that you know of.

Yet you have often, sometimes repeatedly "told me what I
should have been doing, what my training was, what my
duties should have been ("fighting" far from where the
actual warfare was actively in progress which would have
meant I would have been court martialed for disobeying
orders I'd been given).

I'd surely love to see the post from Jim which outlined what you should
have been doing in the military or what your training was or what your
duties should have been.

Are we to understand that you disobeyed orders and went somewhere near
the front to experience that artillery barrage which you recounted in
your now classic "sphincter post"? Did you receive any punishment for
that? Where and when did that take place? Can your friend Gene confirm
it?

You have told me all sorts of things about the military
yet you were NOT trained by the military.

....that you know of.

You have NOT
served...but you say you "served in other ways." How?
By playing with your radios under a federal license in a
HOBBY activity?

Please point out the portion of Part 97 which mentions "HOBBY".

Do you think that airplane modelers
"serve their country" in aeronautical technology by
flying their R-C planes in parks?

I dunno, Len. Do r/c flyers do a lot of public service and emergency
work? Are they the original Predator drone guys?

BTW, in regard to your new subject line, no radio amateur can be told
what to do by you. You'll be happier if you learn to live with it.

Dave K8MN