Old October 5th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default An Example of Service

"cmdr buzz corey" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hes wrote:
"cmdr buzz corey" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hes wrote:
wrote in message
////// Fairy-Tale FLUSHED//////

Pure B.S. put out by the ARRL to sell more
magazines.

Nope, hams coming to the rescue again with communications when regular
comms fail. That thing that cber's can't do.

Nope, CBers do it all the time here in Detroit and the hams
are no where to be found.

OK, site some news articles to that fact.

I dont doubt that CBers do a thousand times as much public sevice as hams do
but it is not the kind of thing that gets news attention. I know when an ice
storm hit here it was Cbers that helped my wife. She is a ham but couldnt
access the repeater because there were a bunch of hams on there talking
about how much ice they got at there house. This sort of thing goes on all
the time. Its true that hams are set up better to provide emergency
communications but a Cber is more likely to stop and change a tire for you
when you cant.