Old October 17th 03, 07:09 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Cecil,

You saw my simulations of your example. I got an SWR of 66.3 for ZS=0 and
69.1 for ZS= j400. That is as close as I can resolve. I had thought that if
it was going to change, I would get an SWR of 1:1 for the conjugate matched
case. What I had neglected, and maybe you also, is the fact that when you
connect an SWR meter into the middle of a resonant series tuned circuit, the
current is 90 degrees out of phase with the voltage.

Tam/WB2TT
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Tarmo Tammaru wrote:
It seems fair to say that if the source impedance
determines V+, clearly it has an effect on V-. But, that does not mean

it
has anything to do with rho.

Chipman seems to say that an SWR meter can be disturbed by a localized

energy
exchange between reactive values with opposite signs. The impedance of the
source has an effect upon where in the transmission line those localized
energy exchanges occur.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp