Old October 5th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
GYT GYT is offline

Default Satellit 800

Somebody was ragging on the Sat 800 in another thread so I thought I would
start this thread in order to avoid hijacking thier thread.

Yes I was telling myself last night how glad I was to get one of the last
Sat 800's. For program listening it is the best radio I have ever used. The
AM sync also works better than any I have ever have heard. Sound quality?
Yes also the best of any SW radio I have ever listened too. Maybe there is a
reason that it was rated only half a star lower than a Drake R8B in Passport
to World Band Radio. How about the Sony 2010 everyone is so crazy about? Yep
the Sat 800 was rated much higher than that but still I think the 2010 is a
good radio. The large size of the Sat 800 lends itself to great sound, great
ergonomics, and a display that I can read across the room. I even use it to
listen to a local FM music station sometimes. A radio with a dozen submenus,
buttons that each have nine different functions and will fit in a shirt
pocket? Yeah I have some like that... Which radio do I use the most? Yep...
The Sat 800.