Old October 5th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dick Chisel Dick Chisel is offline

Default Interesting BPL comment...

Frank Dresser wrote:

OK, why would anybody have to be on the take? Is there any evidence of FCC
corruption, or is this all speculation?

Well, they don't -have- to be on the take; it is just speculation.

However, what was remarkable (to me) was that an ARRL official (who,
presumably, is much more in touch with the issue than you or I) came out
and seemed to stop just short of accusing them of being on the take. And
please keep this in the context of an FCC Commissioner from the 1950s
outright admitting that the FCC -was- on the take during the color
standards war and the VHF/UHF war. (HIS quote: "We called them the
'whorehouse years'").

Furthermore, the FCC is -refusing- to enforce their own Part 15
interference rules.

So, will an FCC spokesman appear on the 6 o'clock news tonight and say
"We are on the take"? Unlikely, but between the ARRL official's comment
and the 50's Commissioner's admission and the FCC's refusal to enforce
their own rules, well, ya gotta wonder.

Remember, the FCC DOES NOT CARE MUCH ABOUT LONG DISTANCE RADIO RECEPTION.

Well, maybe they should. There *ARE* other users of the HF spectrum, you
know--not just hams and SWLs.

And there might not be enough of us to make them care.

Probably true. :-(