Old October 5th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default Ping Blow Code the pretend ham

From: Opus- on Wed, Oct 4 2006 6:58 pm

You seem pretty knowledgeable so I need some assistance at
understanding something.

Jim, that statement is bound to ignite more flame war
stuff in here, heh heh heh heh...

maybe not maybe they will avoid the flame bait this once since you
saidf they would flame on
And, ironically, *I* am the one told to grow up. That's just too
funny.

Well, that's how it goes. :-) Expect more of that
kind of comment. I dare say it will occur under
'moderation' as well.

When a pro-coder says "grow up," they really mean "think
like I think, appreciate only what I like, etc." They
use that little throw-away line in lieu of a personal
insult, a button-pushing phrase to get their 'opponent'
angry. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it is
just their stupid way of attempting retaliation.

that line storkies suddenly of a memory of a movie omen 3 the final
conflict where thron is talking about his his role as president of some
youth concil something like "....we tell them to grow meaning wiat till
you have grown old then you will think like we do"