Old October 7th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Code, for SC

"U-Know-Who" wrote in
:

I have an idea. This should thin the ranks of amateurs and let Big
Brother have the bands as is desired. We all know the FCC wants to sell
the bands to the highest bidder. In addition to the code requirement,
lets have proficiency testing in SSB, FM, RTTY, PSK-31 and Packet. That
should just about kill the code proponents off, as they are mostly too
old, addled, and unable to learn. That way, even they won't be able to
use *their* bands without these proficiencies.

Sounds like a plan, eh?

HTH

I could go for that.

The more testing, the better. Then outsiders would look at the amateur
radio service and see valuable and capable operators, they would see our
spectrum wasn't being wasted by people that only know how to talk into a
microphone to communicate.

Thanks. :-) Great idea.

SC