Old October 7th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Code, for SC

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
I have an idea. This should thin the ranks of amateurs and let Big Brother
have the bands as is desired. We all know the FCC wants to sell the bands
to the highest bidder. In addition to the code requirement, lets have
proficiency testing in SSB, FM, RTTY, PSK-31 and Packet. That should just
about kill the code proponents off, as they are mostly too old, addled, and
unable to learn. That way, even they won't be able to use *their* bands
without these proficiencies.

Sounds like a plan, eh?

HTH

And just who do you think developed these modes? How new do you think these
modes are? It seems like everyone I contact on the "new" mode of PSK31 is
retired and has been for many years.