Old October 6th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
homepc homepc is offline

Default Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

It all boils down to what your expectations are.

I've bought four different model radios and returned one in the space of 2
1/2 years. My Tecsun BCL3000 gets the most use hands down. I use it as a
table radio in my kitchen. I don't need to plug it in because the batteries
last forever. I can listen to a couple of my favorite US stations (I live
in Canada) with the aid of an AM loop antenna and the sound is way better
than what any of my smaller radios have to offer. The display is big and
easy to read, and the control knobs are large, smooth to operate, and easy
to use in the dark.

Is the S350 a perfect radio? No. But it does fill a niche. Sadly, the
quality of construction seems to be questionable for most electronics being
manufactured now a days. We live in a disposable society, and most consumer
goods we buy reflect that. However, the S350 model has been on the market
for a few years now, with relatively few changes. Most of the bugs have
been ironed out and the quality control seems to be fairly even, given the
feed back I read in various news groups. I've had my BCL3000 for a year
now, and it's still fun to use.

wrote in message
ps.com...

homepc wrote:
I recently started a new Yahoo group as an alternative to the
Grundig-S350
(unmoderated) group. The original Grundig-S350 Yahoo group was
excellent,
but for the past six months or so, most of the posts were nothing but
spam.

If anyone wants to check it out and offer their $0.02, here is the link:

;-)

Unfortunately, I was VERY disappointed in the over-hyped S350 - I
thought the quality of construction was VERY poor. I retuned it to RS
for a $25 AM/FM PLL model 12-898, that performs just as well. :-(