Old October 7th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave
Steven Swift Steven Swift is offline

Default Ship/marine traffic HF radio (BC-221).

"Richard Knoppow" writes:

AKA LM. I was lucky enough to find a nearly mint one
complete with power supply and original calibration books,
they are still very useful.
The site you reference has two familiar calls, once
coastal telegraph stations: KLB and WLO. Years ago I learned
code partly from copying ship traffic. Both RCA and MacKay
main stations (KPH and KFS in the West and WCC and WSL in
the East) sent about two hours of press every day, machine
sent at about 25 WPM. That went away sometime in the early
1980's when it was switched to teleprinter.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

I was surprised that this HF stuff was still going. I have a "new in
crate" BC-221-AK that I plan to put into sort of a museum of frequency
standards in the front entrance way of Novatech Instruments along with
the prototypes of our stuff and other company's stuff.

Steve.
--
Steven D. Swift, , http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC. P.O. Box 55997