Old October 7th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
john john is offline

Default Here is how we can end all the silly antenna questions on the repeaters and on usenet.

Slow Code, who gives a crap what you think I have never seen your call
sign. You are a phony blowhard. The code is done. What the hell are
you going to do about it except whine on here every day. What is your
call? You are such a proud ham.

On 7 Oct 2006 14:46:14 -0700, wrote:

Slow Code wrote:
If we raise the CW speed to 20 WPM for all classes including the Tech
class, hams will tend to study the theory more while they build up their
code skill and they will understand the theory better and won't need to
ask silly questions. So increasing the speed requirement will get us
better & smarter hams.

Who is "we"?

FCC makes the rules. They're the ones who have to be convinced. For
more than 25 years, FCC has been convinced that the Amateur Radio
license exam requirements should be reduced. The changes have come a
little at a time, but the direction has been the same since the late
1970s.