Old December 27th 03, 12:38 AM
Michael Black

Nitespark ) writes:
I need a couple of small pieces (1-1/2" X 2-3/4") of transparent plastic
tinted preferably red but other colors may be acceptable.

These are for a display window on an electronic readout.

If anyone has a small sheet of plastic stock like that or can suggest a
retail outlet that may offer it, I would appreciate it.

Andy
WD4KDN

Go to a place that sells plexiglass, and buy a small piece of thin
red plexiglass. I think another color, like smoke/gray may also
work. You may find they already have a box of scrap pieces, that
they'll sell to you real cheap, or maybe even free. Since you
need only a small piece, you have more luxury than someone who needs
a big piece.

Or, assuming you just want it for contrast and dust rather than
because you expect a lot of pressure or force on it, you can go
to a stationary store and buy a red plastic report cover. Cut out
the pieces you need, and mount it behind your front panel. The cover
should cost under a dollar. Again, you might also consider smoke/gray
covers.

Michael VE2BVW