Old October 10th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
wavetrapper wavetrapper is offline

Default Killfile with Google Groups

Yes that is correct.

In some other message boards I am in, you can put posters who are in
outer space on Ignore. I was hoping for something like that.

That would be invaluable here. Probably reduce a good 30% of the
unrelated malarky and cut out a lot of the b.s. - leaving a higher
percentage of bona fide subject matter to be read.

-Russ

bpnjensen wrote:
I think he wants to be able to killfile unwanted posters while he is
using Google Groups. As a Google user myself, I have found that there
is no *obvious* way to accomplish this end.

On the other hand, Google allows one to pick and choose messages to
read at will, although possibly without adequate information to know if
they are worthwhile before opening them. In any case, I find
"killfile" to be largely unnecessary anyway.

Bruce Jensen
****************
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:51:42 +0000 (UTC), Lloyd
wrote:

On 10 Oct 2006 05:09:41 -0700, wavetrapper wrote:
Has anyone ever figured out how to do this?

If so, your advice is most welcome.

thanks

Well, since you're posting through Google Groups ...

they want to ill file users with in google

and it can't be from there
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/