Old October 11th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
craigm craigm is offline

Default Killfile with Google Groups

wavetrapper wrote:

I don't have any interest in the drama and kindergarten stuff that goes
on here.
I actually come to read about radios and shortwave.
Any tool that will help me to that better, I am interested in.

I assume that since you are using google, your ISP is not providing access
to a newsgroup server. (Check with them, maybe they do provide a server.)

Here are a couple of options.

1) Download a free newsgroup reader that has good killfile support. (I'm
using KNode under Linux.) Then read the groups from one of the free
newservers. When you want to post, use google.

2) Subscribe to one of the major newservers. Use a reader that supports a
killfile. Then you can post from the same application.

craigm