Old October 12th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Half Square question

wrote:
And I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions. I am
inclined to voltage feed one vertical wire with an LC network, but I
have read a lot of posting saying that this is blasphemy and it MUST be
fed at a corner with coax or your soul will be doomed. I hope not !
Is there a final opinion on this? It seems to me that corner feeding
has more problems associated with coupling to the coax line than
building a simple LC network. But then, do I need a radial system for
voltage feeding?

Voltage feeding works just fine. Radials won't do a lot
of good because the current maximum points are at the
top of the antenna, not at the bottom.
--
73, Cecil,
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp