Old October 12th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default SP-600 Rebuilding Experiences

"Ancient_Hacker" wrote in message
ups.com...

gkb wrote:
Don't let the "mica" caps fool ya.

Well, your milage may vary. I've clipped out at least a
thousand old
wax caps, two hundred plus plastic tubulars, and lesse,
three discrete
mica caps, and around eight of those wafer mica caps built
into IF can
bases.

Mica's can go bad, they just don't seem to do so very
often IMHE.

Well, I've replaced 4 in my JX-17. That does seem unusual
but I think they suffer from the same problem other molded
type do, namely shrinkage of the case. These do not get
leaky like the BB's but become very unstable.

--
---
Richard Knoppow