Old October 12th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default SP-600 Rebuilding Experiences

"K3HVG" wrote in message
I had to change 100% of the micas from a BC-669D. Also,
micas in some ART-13s have also gone bad, some near
impossible to get to. I don't think many of these
components were ever even dreamed of to go this long! On
the other hand, my SX-28, apparently in use almost
continuously since is was purchased, is still humming (no
pun intended!!). Hope I can get away with not doing the RF
section...? Worst B/Bs I ever saw were in a National
NC-125. They looked like they just dropped out of a bag of
spoiled mussels.

I suspect the environment has something to do with it.
For instance, the BB's in my SP-600 were pretty awful but I
found one in a General Radio 1001A signal generatror that
looked brand new. I replaced it on general principles but it
tested good.

--
---
Richard Knoppow