Old October 12th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Dr.Ace Dr.Ace is offline

Default New FCC Rules

Credit for this info goes to Hans K0HB

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dr.Ace wrote:
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

The R&O released yesterday covers a plethora of stuff. Here are some
notes
on things.

Novice bands eliminated. Novices/Tech+ have same CW Freqs as General on
80,
40, 15M. 80 and 40M.

Phone bands expanded, down to 3600 on 75M, down to 7125 on 40M.

Extra class phone segment on 75 expanded to 100kc (3600-3700), Advanced
class similarly gets 100kc (3700-3800), General will start at 3800.

This isn't in effect yet !!! But will be soon.

Ace - WH2T

Hey, Ace.

If you're going to cut and paste the message from me to
from yesterday, at least give me credit, huh?

Here's my message --- compare it to yours....

The R&O released today covers a plethora of stuff. On a quick read,
here are my notes on things that interested me.

1) Novice bands eliminated. Novices/Tech+ have same CW QRGs as General
on 80, 40, 15M. 80 and 40M phone bands expanded, down to 3600 on 75M,
down to 7125 on 40M. Extra phone segment on 75 expanded to 100kc
(3600-3700), Advanced similarly gets 100kc (3700-3800), General now
starts at 3800.

2) ISS communications can now be retransmitted (as shuttle comms have
been allowed up to now).

3) You can now designate a specific club to get your call "in
memorium".

4) People who flood FCC with many vanity applications on the same day
will have all but one application rejected.

(There's a lot of other 'less interesting to me until I read the
details' stuff in there too, much of it "housekeeping" in nature.)

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
" The dust will not settle in our time. And when it does some
great roaring machine will come and whirl it all skyhigh again."

{{{{*
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb