Old October 12th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Harbin Osteen Harbin Osteen is offline

Default Half Square question

Hi Jim:
Don't know if this is what you are looking for:
http://www.cebik.com/scv/bct.html

You will have to piece this link together, but it may be what
you are looking for:
http://info.awmn.net/users/images/st...2 0fire%22%22

--

SeeYaa Harbin Osteen KG6URO

When American Citizens with dual citizenship pledges allegiance
to the flag, to which flag do they pledge allegiance too?

-

wrote in message oups.com...
I have been researching the HSQ antenna until I am Half Crazy.. anyway,
I am looking for info on this article: "Rotate the Bobtail Curtain";
Jerrold A. Swank, W8HXR; 73, May 1985, p.48 , A clever method of
switching the half square's pattern to end fire using a quarter wave
stub. I found a reference to this on a web site.
I can't seem to find this info anywhere. I am very interested in
this because the way my property would accommodate a HSQ antenna would
put it broadside NW by SW..not exactly a DX friendly direction from New
Jersey.
Does anyone know what this technique is and how to build it?

And I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions. I am
inclined to voltage feed one vertical wire with an LC network, but I
have read a lot of posting saying that this is blasphemy and it MUST be
fed at a corner with coax or your soul will be doomed. I hope not !
Is there a final opinion on this? It seems to me that corner feeding
has more problems associated with coupling to the coax line than
building a simple LC network. But then, do I need a radial system for
voltage feeding?

Thanks for any help on both these questions.

Jim

K2TL