Old January 1st 04, 06:31 AM
Tim Wescott

So if I spend $250 I can either get five 1000mAh battery packs for my one
single-band and one dual-band rig, or I can get two single-band rigs, each
with a little bitty 600mAh pack?

It's late and I'm being snippy. It's a good thing to point out,
particularly since any one of us can be penny wise and pound foolish. In
this case I believe the radios to be in good condition, and other than being
large enough that I can actually push the buttons they have all the modern
conveniences (including CTCSS).

"Bob M." wrote in message
"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
I'm working on getting active again, and I need batteries for my two
handhelds. I've got a Yaesu FT-23R and an ICOM 24-AT. I've found

batteries
on the web for the FT-23R, but I've not had success with the 24-AT. I

see
packs for the ICOM 2-AT, which I believe would fit the 24-AT, but I'd

like
to _know_ before I plunk down a whole bunch of $$.

Do you really want to get a new battery for an old rig?

A new battery = $50 or so.
A new single-band HT = $125

If your old rigs can't do CTCSS tones, then chuck them. Most repeaters in
big cities require such tones.