Old October 14th 06, 04:44 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc
max max is offline

Default How detect if MP3 player is recording in your room? [OT]

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:13:43 -0500, Mitch Crane -three
wrote:

max wrote in
:

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:22:57 -0500, Mitch Crane -three
wrote:

Joey wrote in :

You say, "search them physically"? I have to tell you that I don;'t
work in the sort of environment where that kind of behaviour is
considered acceptable!

Would an all nude work environment be acceptable? It would make hiding
such devices difficult so you wouldn't have to do anything untoward
like searching people.

You'd be surprised where people can hide things:

http://www.dailymotion.com/blog/vide...yuv3g7lzul2w64
rs1iaad00kom8c0ii3&play=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsus iebright.blogs.com

Caution! NSFW!

Sure, but I don't think the MP3 recorder would work very well in there, so
the point is moot.

Don't see why not - it's a solid state device. Disguise a little mic
as a labial piercing stud, run the wire up the folds, and it's very
unlikely anyone would inspect it closely enough to figure it out, even
if it were visible behind the bush.

Having the recorder embedded would help reduce what little detectable
EMI a low power device like that give off, and the mic wire would only
carry audio freqs, which don't transmit very far at those power
levels.

You just have to think outside the box a bit.

max