Old October 14th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] allenjo5@mail.northgrum.com is offline

Default Kaito KA1103

Based on positive reviews here and elsewhere, and deciding I could live
with its ergonomic idiosyncracies, I just bought a new Kaito KA1103.
So far, I like it well enough, and the ergonomics are even a little
charming. But I have a question about using the radio itself to charge
the included NiMH batteries. It's not clear to me how long to set the
charging timer for, nor whether there is a risk of damage if the
batteries are charged for too long. The spartan "manual" gives a
formula of battery mAh / 100 for the # hours to charge, which in this
particular case of 4 x 1300 mAh batteries is 52 hours? But the maximum
charge time you can set is 23 hours. Does anyone have prior experience
charging the KA1103? After playing with the radio for an hour, the
battery indicator hit the 25% full mark, and I decided to charge them
for 10 hours, based on nothing in particular. Is this too long? Too
short? Anyone know?