Old October 16th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Ham Radio and Phone

wrote:
First off... this is coming from General... who was Grandfathered...

"Grandfathered"? How?

I know many people who are not Extras and who have not passed the 20wpm
that respect those OM very much. I love to sit at field day and watch
in awe at a CW operator. Just because I can't do it doesn't mean I
don't respect it.

Thanks!

But consider that you could probably do it, too.

Nobody is born knowing Morse Code. Those who know it, learned it and
kept on learning it. They all started from zero. Sure, some people have
more innate skill/talent than others, but that's just one factor. Most
people learn to understand speech at more than 100 wpm - is 20 wpm code
more complex than that?

And there are many other people like that. So please
dont lump all of us "meaningless generals" into one please.

No license class is meaningless.

73 de Jim, N2EY