Old October 18th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:
an_old_friend wrote:

But if you and Markie ever get full HF privledges, God & Hiram Help us.

Why? Do you fear us working out of band Frenchmen? We could do that
just as well on 6 Meters.

BB I belieeve you have mentioned passing a code test at some point that
would allow you fullaccess to hf today I could look up your license or
you could tell me

I passed the Novice exam in Nov 1986. 5WPM. I'm presently a General,
so I'm fully qualified to work out of band Frenchmen on 6M or on HF.
Maybe they'll even put me in for the ARRL's A-1 Operator Club.