Old October 19th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
Jimmie D wrote:

Im sure the numbers would look even wose if the licenses expired
sooner. Most of the new hams I know lose interest in a couple of
years, long befor the licence expires.

Those darned new hams. They never should have been licensured in
the first place. Didn't have the ooomph to get licensed when the
tests were harder so they weren't really that innerested in the
first place. Didn't show the proper dedication.

and of course none of the failure of hams to reamin hams is due to
bull**** they must endure from other hams

Of course not! Ham radio is a swell fellowship of men. What you see
on RRAP n't ham radio.

But if you and Markie ever get full HF privledges, God & Hiram Help us.

Why? Do you fear us working out of band Frenchmen? We could do that
just as well on 6 Meters.

And on CB.

SC