Old October 19th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
om...
Jimmie D wrote:
No, I am talking about the service we should be providing. In the spirit
of JFK's "ask not what your contry can do for you speech".

JFK's speech contradicting this country's founding
principles was just democratic rhetoric. This country
was founded "for the people" NOT for the government.

--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

His statement was "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you
can do for your country"
I dont remember the word government being mentioned in it.

The words are true even if he was less than sincere. If we are not this
country then what is. This country is "we the people" so ultimately it
including amatuer radio is our responsibility not that which you call the
government.. . It was a call to service, a call to serve this country, a
call to serve its people.. You are correct on one point. It was democratic
rhetoric but damned good rhetoric. But as my grandmother used to say, "Even
Satan will tell the truth if it serves him".

Jimmie