Old October 19th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default ATTN: Mrs x: You Let Him Lie Like This In Public?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, Oct 18 2006 3:06 pm

From: on Mon, Oct 16 2006 4:48am
From: on Sun, Oct 15 2006 4:17 pm

There aren't many of your posts in which you don't tell some outright
falsehood.

"Outright falsehoods?" Illuminate the group with your
godly light and tell me that OPINIONS are "factual." :-)

Both CNN and Fox News carried accounts of cellular phone
service being disrupted. I'll bet some of those radio hams end up
handling communication in the aftermath of the earthquake.

Have CNN or Fox News carried acounts of hams "up handling
communication" in the aftermath of the [Hawaii] earthquake?
How about ABC, CBS, or NBC? Any major newspapers?

The Hawaii 6.7-Richter earthquake is OVER, senior. No
loss of life. Property damage, some. Utility damage,
some. The Governor of Hawaii has been quoted (several
times) as saying "Hawaii is open for business!" :-)

Is amateur radio about business? Sorry, it can't be.
FCC defines USA amateur radio as being done WITHOUT
pecuniary interest. No money for services rendered.
That doesn't sound like any "business" in the normal sense.

Texas is west of the Mississippi.

Fantastic bit of TRIVIA, mister atlas. :-)

Or do we call you Rand or McNally? :-)

I served in the military only four years, Len.

That's four MORE years than some civilian in PA served. :-)

I've posted nothing here
in documenting my active duty service.

Not a word? Oh, THAT is a complete FALSEHOOD! :-)

I've not, nor would I ever make
any such documentation available to you in an e-mail.

How about making it available to law enforcement? :-)

Look what kind of
things you've written about my active duty military service.

Tsk, I've failed to acknowledge your glorious heroism
in "a country at war?" Oh, my. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk...

You need some medal or ribbon to highlight your "active
duty military service?" BUY some. They are easy to
purchase. Somebody with the license call K4YZ has done
that, hasn't he? :-)

Of course, WE don't know EXACTLY WHAT this "K4YZ" call
sign person ever did...except for his bluffing and
bragging in here. Not ONE SINGLE item to document
that. Yet Hans Brakob has made it available. Frank
Gilliland has made it available. I've got a whole
20-page photo essay posted on what I did.

You haven't attended catechism studies and haven't been confirmed. You
don't pledge, you don't tithe. You may not partake. You're still an
unbaptized heathen in the world of amateur radio.

Sorry, but I Pledge from time to time. Good furniture
polish and dusting treatment.

I don't tithe amateur radio. It is NOT a religion.
It isn't a recognized religion. Except maybe in a
small town in Connecticutt? :-)

Tsk, tsk, I've been a hobbyist in radio and electronics
for 59 years, still doing that. I've been a professional
(as in accepting compensation for work performed) for 54
years, still doing that (but not now in regular office
hours).

I partake all I want, anytime I want. Fascinating thing
this radio-electronics thing. Made it my career choice.

I have a COMMERCIAL radio operator license, even had a
BUSINESS radio license. I got "baptised" (using your
ugly and insulting term) back in 1953 doing high-power
long-distance HF transmitting. I've since transmitted
legally from the air (at the controls of an aircraft)
and from the sea (from a private boat on HF SSB). I've
worked a station ON the moon...something amateurs have
NEVER done. :-)

Well, yes, I would imagine YOU think of ham radio as
some kind of "religion" where mantra is everything but
the technology is too ethereal for you to understand.
Take heart, your epiphany may come, even without anyone
kicking your phany.

As always to you, ByteBrothers famous phrase invoked.