Old January 6th 04, 02:13 AM
Ed G.

Can any of you antenna pros out there tell me what would be the
expected life span for a Cell Wave 4 element vertical dipole?

1. Its "Celwave", not "Cell Wave". (Search also "RFS Celwave")

2. Celwave was formerly Phelps Dodge.

3. The model you want for 2 meters is the PD340-3.

4. A properly installed antenna with properly installed and sealed
feedlines will probably last longer than you.

Second question. I recognize that Cellwave has an excellent reputation.
Are there any other antenna companies that may compare or exceed
Cellwave antenna products in performance and durability?

Other comparable manufacturer are Andrew, Sinclair, and Decibel
Products. Quality is comparable amongst all.

Ed WB6SAT