Old October 19th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default ATTN: Mrs x: You Let Him Lie Like This In Public?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, Oct 18 2006 3:06 pm

From: on Mon, Oct 16 2006 4:48am
From: on Sun, Oct 15 2006 4:17 pm

There aren't many of your posts in which you don't tell some outright
falsehood.

"Outright falsehoods?" Illuminate the group with your
godly light and tell me that OPINIONS are "factual." :-)

Many opinions are factual, Leonard. Didn't you know that? Not
everything is subjective. Sometimes you make factual errors. Sometimes
you tell falsehoods because you don't know the facts. Sometimes you
know the facts and write something false despite your knowing.

Both CNN and Fox News carried accounts of cellular phone
service being disrupted. I'll bet some of those radio hams end up
handling communication in the aftermath of the earthquake.

Have CNN or Fox News carried acounts of hams "up handling
communication" in the aftermath of the [Hawaii] earthquake?
How about ABC, CBS, or NBC? Any major newspapers?

Not to my knowledge. Then again, I'm not tuned in 24/7. This wouldn't
be the first time that network news did not report something. That
doesn't mean that it didn't take place.

The Hawaii 6.7-Richter earthquake is OVER, senior.

Yes, it is. That's good news.

No
loss of life. Property damage, some. Utility damage,
some. The Governor of Hawaii has been quoted (several
times) as saying "Hawaii is open for business!" :-)

There was quite a bit of property damage and utility damage. Some
people were injured.

Is amateur radio about business? Sorry, it can't be.

You must be addressing yourself. I didn't write anything about business.

FCC defines USA amateur radio as being done WITHOUT
pecuniary interest.

Thanks, but I already knew that. I'm a radio amateur.

No money for services rendered.

Thanks, but I knew what "pecuniary interest" meant. I'm a radio amateur.

That doesn't sound like any "business" in the normal sense.

I didn't write anything about business. Do you have a business fetish too?

Texas is west of the Mississippi.

Fantastic bit of TRIVIA, mister atlas. :-)

It isn't TRIVIA or trivia, Len. It is pretty much common knowledge.
I don't think the ARRL will ignore what happened in Texas. Do you?

Or do we call you Rand or McNally? :-)

"Well they often call me Speedo but my real name is Mister Earl."

I served in the military only four years, Len.

That's four MORE years than some civilian in PA served. :-)

Is it?

I've posted nothing here
in documenting my active duty service.

Not a word? Oh, THAT is a complete FALSEHOOD! :-)

Sorry, Len. I've documented nothing. I've offered no proof. You have
only my claims. I've discussed my service on some web sites. You could
find them if you're on the ball. Still, there's nothing on those web
sites in the way of actual documentation. There is an easily found web
site which does confirm my time in the Air Force through an online
database. Did you ever find it?

I've not, nor would I ever make
any such documentation available to you in an e-mail.

How about making it available to law enforcement? :-)

Why would I need to do so? Are you the law, Len?

Look what kind of
things you've written about my active duty military service.

Tsk, I've failed to acknowledge your glorious heroism
in "a country at war?" Oh, my. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk...

I didn't write anything of glorious heroism, Len. I did serve in war
time. I was in the country where the war was taking place. I drew
combat pay for my entire stay in that country. I'm choosing not to
document it for you. Now what? Are you going to tell a recruiter about
me? Will you suggest to Brian Burke that he contact the "Stolen Valor"
folks.

You need some medal or ribbon to highlight your "active
duty military service?"

Thanks, Len, but I've already got them.

BUY some. They are easy to
purchase.

Thanks, I have them already. I appreciate your concern.

Somebody with the license call K4YZ has done
that, hasn't he? :-)

Has he?

Of course, WE don't know EXACTLY WHAT this "K4YZ" call
sign person ever did...except for his bluffing and
bragging in here.

You don't know exactly what I did either. You've erroneously claimed
that I was assigned to a MARS unit. Now what?

Not ONE SINGLE item to document
that.

Yeah? Now what? What does Steve owe you in the way of documentation?
I found his name on that web site I mentioned. It even had his rank.

Yet Hans Brakob has made it available.

And?

Frank
Gilliland has made it available.

Oh yes, Frank Gilliland. He had not one, but two courts martial, didn't
he? I'm sure he's a fine, upstanding fellow.

I've got a whole
20-page photo essay posted on what I did.

Great. I'm sure you delight in the memories.

You haven't attended catechism studies and haven't been confirmed. You
don't pledge, you don't tithe. You may not partake. You're still an
unbaptized heathen in the world of amateur radio.

Sorry, but I Pledge from time to time. Good furniture
polish and dusting treatment.

Do you wash your duds with "Tithe"?

I don't tithe amateur radio. It is NOT a religion.

You've called it such. You even told us where the services are held.

It isn't a recognized religion.

You seem to recognize it.

Except maybe in a
small town in Connecticutt? :-)

Milford? "Connecticutt"?

Tsk, tsk, I've been a hobbyist in radio and electronics
for 59 years, still doing that.

Poor baby. You *are* in a rut. All this time and you still haven't
obtained an amateur radio license. Tsk, tsk.

I've been a professional
(as in accepting compensation for work performed) for 54
years, still doing that (but not now in regular office
hours).

There have been hints as to your irregularity, Len.

I partake all I want, anytime I want.

You partake in something entirely different than amateur radio. Now what?

Fascinating thing
this radio-electronics thing. Made it my career choice.

Many of us did, Len. Many of us became radio amateurs too. You didn't.

I have a COMMERCIAL radio operator license, even had a
BUSINESS radio license.

So? What has any of that to do with amateur radio?

I got "baptised" (using your
ugly and insulting term) back in 1953 doing high-power
long-distance HF transmitting.

You find baptism to be ugly and insulting? What is it that you
practice, Leonard?

I've since transmitted
legally from the air (at the controls of an aircraft)
and from the sea (from a private boat on HF SSB).

So? You're still not a participant in amateur radio. Are you trying to
impress us?

I've
worked a station ON the moon...something amateurs have
NEVER done. :-)

I know. You've told us that quite a number of times. I've used the
moon as a passive reflector. My signal traveled twice as far as yours.
Did I mention that my effort was done by radio amateurs?

Well, yes, I would imagine YOU think of ham radio as
some kind of "religion" where mantra is everything but
the technology is too ethereal for you to understand.

Actually, all of the imagining was yours, Len. You're the insufferable
boor who seems desperate for attention. What've you done lately?

Take heart, your epiphany may come, even without anyone
kicking your phany.

Yeah, it might, Len. I doubt you'll be a witness.

As always to you, ByteBrothers famous phrase invoked.

"QSL via OH2BH with an IRC"?

See IEEE Code of Ethics

Dave K8MN