Old October 21st 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default 5 wpm hams need to move if a 20 wpm Extra wants the frequency.

"10-4 Good Buddy" wrote in
:

I might propose that to the FCC.

20 wpm Extra's have more important QSO's than nickle hams and
no-coders do, that's why we should get spectrum priority.

I agree. I HATE when I have finishing a contact and some calls me at 5
WPM when I was operating at 20 plus. I dont even respond.

I hear you,

Normally I just tell them: "Catch ya channel 19" and they QSY to
11 meters, but since I don't own a CB I don't show up. It helps
clear the freq fast for your next QSO. Try it Sometime.

SC