Old October 21st 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default ATTN: Mrs x: You Let Him Lie Like This In Public?

From: on Thurs, Oct 19 2006 2:46 am

[Jimmie and Davie are interchangeable entities now?]

Len:

Who are "Jimmie" and "Davie"? There is someone who posts here as
"Jimmie D" - do you mean him?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, Oct 18 2006 3:06 pm
From: on Mon, Oct 16 2006 4:48am
From: on Sun, Oct 15 2006 4:17 pm

Opinions are not sacred, Len.

Yes they are, Jimmie.

Who is "Jimmie", Len?

The fact remains that opinions are not sacred. I know that you want
*your* opinions treated as absolutely sacrosanct, and that anyone who
challenges your statements has broken a taboo (to you, anyway).

Post your opinions here and they will be challenged, Len. That's the
way it works.

Amateur extra morsemen hold the code
test to be SACRED forever and ever.

What are "amateur extra morsemen", Len?

Some people think a Morse Code test is a good idea. Others do not.
Neither opinion is sacred.

All those against it tell "falsehoods" because they are against it. :-)

That's a falsehood, Len.

Not even yours.

I know that you want *your* opinions treated as absolutely sacrosanct,
and that anyone who challenges your statements has broken a taboo (to
you, anyway). But they are not sacred.

The mere fact that
someone holds an opinion does prevent it from being a falsehood.

Typo alert: The above should read:

The mere fact that someone holds an opinion does *not* prevent it from
being a falsehood.

IOW, an opinion can be false. You can hold the opinion that the moon of
made of green cheese, but in fact it is not, and that opinion is false.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, you are arguing against yourself there!

(nonsensical diatribe over a typo snipped).

Also, you are not clear about when you are providing an opinion and
when you are providing an alleged fact. You do not usually qualify your
statements with phrases like 'I think' or 'I feel' or 'IMHO'. Instead,
you state your opinions as if they are unquestionably true facts. They
aren't.

WTF are you babbling about?

You state your opinions as if they are unquestionable facts. But they
are just opinions, and are often unsupported by facts.

Of course, WE don't know EXACTLY WHAT this "K4YZ" call
sign person ever did...except for his bluffing and
bragging in here. Not ONE SINGLE item to document
that.

Yet you call him "an imposter" without any proof.

PRECISELY! [it took a while for that to sink in your brain,
but it did!]

BECAUSE he has NO proof AT ALL he gets called an IMPOSTER.

That's another falsehood, Len.

You call K4YZ an imposter because he has not provided you with the
proof you seek and dares to disagree with you. It's pretty clear that
if he agreed with you on some things, you would tout him as a hero.

You've been asked to provide more details about your experience with a
particular artillery barrage you described. But you have not done so.
Does that make you an imposter, Len?
Or just someone who chooses not to provide proof - same as K4YZ?

Yet Hans Brakob

K0HB

has made it available. Frank
Gilliland has made it available.

So? Who are *you* to demand proof?

A MILITARY VETERAN, Jimmie, something you will NEVER be.

Who is "Jimmie", Len? How do you know for sure whether this "Jimmie"
person was in the military or not?

Hans is a veteran, Frank is a veteran, Brian Burke is a
veteran.

How do you know for sure who is and is not a veteran? Is Mark Morgan a
veteran? Or is he an imposter? (Please note that I am not calling
anyone an imposter - I'm just asking how Len can be so sure).

When one takes an Oath putting their LIFE on the line in
military service it becomes very serious indeed. One
helluva lot MORE SERIOUS than having some amateur radio
hobby with imagined self-glory.

Is it on what *you* did or on what the 700-man military unit that you
were assigned to did?

Both. You can read it via:

http://sujan.hallikainen.org/Broadca...s/My3Years.pdf

About 6 MB file size, takes 19 minutes download on dial-up.

Are you still stuck with dialup, Len?

Lots of photos in there in case you have trouble with the
technological words.

I don't have trouble with technological words, Len.

Its about something YOU can NEVER have, Jimmie.

Who is this "Jimmie" person, Len? Why do you keep addressing him/her?

You never
volunteered for military service...even when you had the
chance.

How do you know for sure?

You are NO JUDGE over any military unit activities.

Why not?

You seem to be saying that if a person has not been in the military,
they cannot judge anything about the military. Yet many of our
country's lawmakers do just that.

You have never been a radio amateur, yet you pronounce all sorts of
judgements on amateur radio.

As ever to you, ByteBrothers famous phrase invoked.

Which phrase is that, Len? Don't you have the guts to spell it out?

btw, Len, you've made it easy to tell when you know you have lost the
argument.

Whenever you start wrapping yourself in the bunting of having served in
the military, rather than actually debating the issue at hand, it's a
sure and clear sign that you know you've lost the argument. Just a
variation of the behavior in your profile.