Old October 21st 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.ham-radio.hf
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Hf Antenna Question

jawod wrote:
As you may recall, I am using a homemade G5RV and I simply connected
RG-8 directly to the ladderline portion. I can see this connection
right out my window (2nd floor shack). I am unaware of any significant
problems as it is. Should I consider using one of these methods and
re-do my antenna?

Are you having problems with RF-in-the-shack? If not,
your feedline radiation may be doing you more good than
harm. I'm a purist. I install a very good balun/choke at
every BALanced to UNbalanced junction. Some people are
good and some people are lucky. If you have a current
maximum common-mode loop in the shack, you may not even
notice it. It's those voltage maximums that tend to bite.

Thanks for being one of the experts that doesn't talk down to the "rest
of us".

Heh-heh, I only talk down to the gurus for the purpose of
creating a crossed transactional analysis. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com