Old October 22nd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.ham-radio.hf
jawod jawod is offline

Default Hf Antenna Question

Ian White GM3SEK wrote:

For a more broadband solution based on coiled coax, I'd agree with
Cecil's suggestion of cascading a large coil for the lower bands with a
smaller coil optimized for the higher bands. It would also be possible
to cascade a large coil with a small ferrite choke.

Ian and Cecil,

I think you both should disclose any ties you might have to the cable
industry. (hi)

I haven't been able to find out the proper placement of ferrite beads.
Are they placed ANYWHERE along the cable. Do you calculate the
transmission length for voltage peaks?

Thanks,

John
AB8O