Old October 22nd 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
wf3h wf3h is offline

Default SSTV and WEFAX

Was trying to monitor SSTV with JVCOMM program hooked, via a
rigblaster, to an old pentium computer....about 8 yrs old using Windows
98. Received images were slanted so I asked one of the folks on the
band what was going on.

He said that you MUST use Windows XP operating system and IRFanview to
look at pix transmitted via SSTV.

This makes no sense. The transmitted picture is just a string of bits.
the Image doesn't know what I'm using. So any program set up for SSTV
should work.

Anyone any suggestions?

I am also using TRUETTY and SeatTTY to monitor wefax but, after
receiving 1 perfect image the rest have been slanted as well. Any
ideas?

Thanks all.