Old October 23rd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.ham-radio.hf
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Hf Antenna Question

Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
beaded 6 36 6.0

Beaded isn't a coil so doesn't count.

The word "beaded" did not exist in my original posting... but there it
is in Cecil's reply, complete with the double that attributes it to
me, so that Cecil can knock the straw-man down.

Ian, I think I corrected an obvious typo of yours. It
appeared that you had gotten off by one row. If that
was wrong, I apologize. Here's what you posted:

Choke Fmax Fmin Ratio
6t 1 layer 24 none -
12t 1 layer 15 31 2.1
4t 1 layer 21 34 1.6
8t 1 layer 12 19 1.6
12 32 2.7
8t bunched 6 36 6.0

There were six chokes. The fifth was bunched and the
sixth was beaded. The bunched ratio is 2.7. It seemed
obvious that you had made a typo in your chart which
I corrected.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com